Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Twenty-five Motif Challenge in Tatting

Margaret writes
I am hoping to be able to use this blog to keep up to date with my progress in tatting, a knotted Victorian lace.At the moment, I have learned the double-stitch, (the basic stitch of all tatting) and have completed two motifs in the twenty-five. The challenge is to complete 25 motifs -- any tatted item -- within a twelve month period. So far, I have tatted a pink dove and a variegated purple butterfly.If anyone is interested in learning tatting, there are videos available on the internet and abeginner session of four weeks is taught every six weeks or so. (one session a week on Thursday evenings, 9 pm New York time)
I am including here a picture of more tatting. It is the head of the lacy snowman out of Monica Hahn's book "Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns". I am about two thirds done the body and this will be my third motif. The first two, the pink dove and the variegated purple butterfly are from the patterns in the first session of the online beginners tatting class run through Georgia Seitz.

2 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Great start. Keep it up.
JaneEb

adam brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.