Friday, January 9, 2009

Motif # 19

Designers:
Sharon Briggs (goblet); Lindsay Rogers (cross); Martha Ess (bread)

These are the tatting elements that will be used to make a 2-part scene on cream, ultra suede; for my pastor, Rev. Joe Pelligrino. It will be similar to a triptych; but, only two frames. The left side will be a vintage woodcut of Luther's debate with Zwingli over the Holy Eucharist. The other panel will be the goblet, wafer and cross. The ultra suede was gifted to me by my friend, Norma Harris. I may re tat the goblet in a smaller thread with a better color for the wine for proportional size compared to the cross. Sharon's goblet is much easier than it looks, and I'm still working on block tatting. I was trying to approximate a Shepard's loaf... The white thread is DMC 30, the wine is DMC Cebelia 30; and the block tatted bread in ecru is vintage Coats Best six-cord 20.

No comments: