Friday, February 20, 2009

Motif # 25

Just in time for St. Patrick's gifts ~ and finishing the Second 25-Challenge

FROM Designer Karey Solomon's, "Tatting Times" a wonderful little Cloverleaf Bookmark. I did this in Valdini size 8 ~ not my favorite thread (I like firmer threads) and this piece was just placed on scanner ~ not blocked. My blocking boards are FULL...:>(
However, I tucked it in a thread exchange padded envelope anyway...I always like receiving motifs from other tatters ~ treasures, really. Because we who tat, realize that time was taken, and each piece is a practice in basics for the future pieces. I thank those who have commented on the progression of my tatting.
I shall have to put my thinking cap on for another 25 ~ I have so many pattern books to choose from, should be an easy task ~ but somehow the decision is just more difficult. I have new books from both Rosemarie Peel (2009) and one from Judith Conners (2000). I might do pieces from those because IMHO they are both great little books for beginners and experienced beginners.

2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Hi BJ! I just stopped by to invite you to my party

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

You were one of the first people to comment on my blog one year ago so come on by and celebrate with me. :)

Carol Lawecki said...

Hi Ridgetatter!! Ohhh!! I like this this Clover Bookmark! I did a lot of tatting for St. Patrick's Day too, but mine was late or as I said on my blog, maybe I'm just super early for next year. LOL!!

You visited my blog post "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and left a comment that I wanted to respond to. You said: "Love the art work. Have you tried the aquelle pencils? I use those and a #7 brush (or a q-tip in a pinch) to soften areas...I found a huge set 50% off at Hobby Lobby last year, and snapped them up! There are some good books out on using colored pencils in one's art."

What are aquelle pencils and why do you need a brush? I am new to drawing and don't know what supplies to look at buying. Also, What are names of the books that you would suggest on using colored pencils in art? I sure would apprecieate any information you could give me. Thank you. You can e-mail me if you like: lawecki @ verizon dot net Thanks again!!! Happy Tatting P.S. You mentioned you tatted the Festive Elephant? I'd love to see it. I did that one too and loved it. I think it is at the beginning of my blog.