Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd ~Exchange Motif


Motif # 11 Inga Madson design, from "Tatted Animals"
My recipient's favorite colors are green and lavender. I decided a soft green body of Valdini in size 8 would work with the body in lavender orchid variegate. The pearls on the antennae are genuine ~ small. The Butterfly is a bit over 3" tall and a little more in width.
I did make two boo boos. I attached the wrong picot of the inner butterfly on the second wing tatted (the right side). There are no instructions given as to how the pearls, from the inner butterfly antennae, are attached. I improvised. Also, since I was on vacation, I could only dampen and pin out the butterfly...and not starch.
This is an advanced visual pattern; but it does work up fairly fast after the first wing. The body is tatted down the left side and back up the right side ~ no instructions for direction of tatting were included ~ so I "winged" it (sorry for the pun).....

2 comments:

debbie said...

I discovered your blog through a comment you made on Olde Dame Penniwig'S Blog...I really love that lady.
Then I read your profile page.
I see that you are a LOVER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST....SO AM I...I like to stay close to fellow christians
I was joyous that you are a cancer survivor.
We are in a battle for my daughters life, who is 33 years old, and has gone out of remission for the third time. I cling to my Faith so tight but even with it, when I leave my daughters house I cry and cry. She is down to 81 pounds...she won't eat and is refusing hyperal. I think she has accepted her cancer now and she loves the LORD and is not afraid to die....I only have the one daughter and one son.
I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE your tatting especially your heartfelt heart and the lavendar and green butterfly.
I was a nurse for over 20 years and for a few of those I was a hospice nurse.....one of my precious little patients tried to teach me to tat...I just did not get along with the shuttle and I know not why......every time I see tatting I think of Dottie.
Her daughter showed me a box of tatting things she left for me but stated, Mother was not in her right mind when she said to give you these items and I am going to sell them in my friends antique shop if you would be interested in buying them.....I did not know Dottie had left me something and it was cruel to tell me so.
I pray you stay in remission.
My aunt and uncle have been married for 61 years....he is 80 years young and still pastoring a Baptist church and my aunt 78 years young teaches the teen-age class....they are my favorite relatives in the whole world.
I would love for you to visit my blog.....I pray for people and it is somewhat boring until I get Amy on the road to healing.
When she became sick this time with squamous cell of the tongue, jaw, and neck, the LORD gave me this scripture
"I will give you back your health and heal thy wounds," saith the LORD
~JEREMIAH 30:17
and that is why my blog "THERE'S AN ANGEL ON MY FRONT PORCH," has the url.....
http://debbie-jeremiah3017.blogspot.com
well I did not mean to talk your leg off.
GOD BLESS
ANGEL HUGS
debbie

TattingChic said...

Hi Bev! That butterfly is so pretty! Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!