Sunday, February 9, 2014

Motif #4

I had tatted an edging for the sleeves of a long-sleeved blouse last fall, but it needed something more.  Since it was a 'mock-turtleneck' blouse, anything I edged the neckline with would have to stretch enough to pull over my head, then go back to it's normal size so it would sort of 'hug' the neck.  Finally decided to make a medallion, then decided instead of a medallion to sew on, I would try making a pin instead.  I plan to wear it pinned at or near the neckline, but here you see it pinned to one of the sleeves so you can see the edging. 
 
This is Perfect Quilter #17-wt cotton thread, color name is 'volcano.'  It's approximately equal to a size 80 tatting thread.
Happy tatting to you all!
-Stephanie

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Oh how bright and beautiful!!! :) Love those colors!!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Very festive edging and pin! Nicely done!