Thursday, February 20, 2014

This is one of my other projects - another doily designed by Jan Stawasz.  Instead of size 10 thread, I am using DMC 80 (ecru) and Sulky Blendables #12-wt (teal variegated).  I was SURE a full 5-gram ball of DMC would be plenty, since it was not the only color I was using.  I was wrong.  Today I cut several pattern repeats off (I had started the next round).  Dug through all my 'small thread' stashes to find my last ball of DMC ecru.  I am not worried about the difference in dye lot, because the threads are close enough to look alike in the sunlight, and there will be a round of teal rings between the 'old' ecru thread and the 'new' ecru thread.  There are two rounds left before this doily is finished.
-Stephanie
 
 

2 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Quite an accomplishment! Very lovely and in wonderful colors. Glad you found the extra ball!
I'm amazed you also managed to do the TIAS, too. I also like the shuttle shaped medallion by Norma Benporath. That was a lot of experimenting! I have a feeling I would find it easier to cut and tie! I'm impressed that you are comfortable with size 80 thread!

God's Kid said...

This doily is gorgeous!!!! :)