Monday, March 3, 2014

Back to the Lucky Clover doily (Blomqvist & Persson).  Here it is with the first two rounds finished.  One more round and it will be finished.  I am very happy with the color.  There is just 'something' about this design that calls to me to tat it:  not sure if it's the 'swirls' it seems to create with the chains and groups of rings, the use of 'negative space,' the lack of decorative picots, or the back-to-back 'points' that show up once the next round is added.  It all adds up to an attractive shape that makes me want to tat another, and another, and another. 
 
 
I haven't forgotten about the other two things, but I do tend to 'rotate' among several projects.  Everything seems to progress more smoothly when I work on at least three things.  Which one gets the most attention on any given day seems to depend on my mood - whether I feel like looking at/working with bright colors, dark colors, or something in between.  Sometimes it depends on whether I am awake enough to focus on a complicated pattern or whether I need something simpler.
Happy tatting!
-Stephanie
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Fox said...

Ooh, I love this pattern, Stephanie, but I can see how challenging it is - those chains, and the repeating clovers... Keeping everything consistent..hmmmm.

Your version is wonderful. I am off to find my book.
Fox : ))

mb duke said...

Beautiful doily so far. You are right. That green is the perfect color for clovers. Can't wait to see the last round.

Jane McLellan said...

Looking good!

God's Kid said...

It looks so awesome already!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have been trying for ages to leave a comment on your blog, with absolutely no success. I finally just typed the name in the URL box, and now I can leave a comment!

I love, love, love what you have been tatting! I really am inspired by your beautiful work, and I almost want to give away all the size 20 and 40 thread I have and just concentrate on my size 80 and quilting threads. I just can't force myself to do it, though! ;-)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Very crisp looking, beautifully tatted, and lovely shading in that thread.

Lilas said...

It's so beautifull!