Monday, March 24, 2014

Motif #12

This is from Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz.  Diagram is on page 77, I think.  Colors/thread used for this doily are DMC ecru (size 80) and Perfect Quilter color #021.  Sometimes you find a pattern that you just "need" to try in all sorts of color combinations.  For me, this is one of those patterns.




Motif #13

The leaves are for an upcoming Online Tatting Class event.  On the scan I tried to 'arrange' them so they look like they would if they were on the Rose Doily (by Lucy Consistre) we'll be looking at on 1 April (International Tatting Day).  One of the class members did a sample of the center, another did a rose sample, and I did the leaf samples.  If you're not already part of the Online Tatting Class, it's free, it's fun, and you get to meet lots of people (online), and we talk about tatting, techniques, patterns.  It's amazes me how much I've learned online!  Back to the leaves - I used Lizbeth size 20 in Leaf Green, med.  I'd started them in Sulky, but the rings are so small that they just didn't look quite 'right' in tiny thread, so I switched to something bigger.


Happy tatting to you!
-Stephanie

6 comments:

Ladytats said...

awesome doily, and very nice leaves.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Beautiful work! I am impressed by the perfection of your work.

Jane McLellan said...

The doily is indeed a Treasure! I'll be interested to see the leaves as part of the final project.

God's Kid said...

Your doily looks so awesome!!! :)
And the leaves are really great!! :)

Grace Tyler said...

Really really really like that doily and the colors you chose. Very inspiring.

GraceT said...

Love the colours on the doily! They give it a whole new look.