Monday, June 9, 2014

Motif #18

I keep losing my reading (tatting) glasses, so I decided to do something about it.  A lanyard designed by Patti Duff (for a name tag, I think) was the April 15, 2014 Wednesday Challenge on the Shuttlebirds web page.  I fastened the ends to 'eyeglass holders' and tatted several of these in Sulky #12-wt cotton (with size 11 seed beads) and one in Perfect Quilter #17-wt cotton (also with size 11 seed beads).  All but these two (which I intend to use myself) are already in new homes.


 
I'm not sure this will keep me from losing my glasses - I still take them off and put them down pretty frequently - but the lanyard and the bright colors should make it easier to FIND them.
-Stephanie
 


5 comments:

Fox said...

Perfect TATTER? : ))

Karen said...

Patti has gifted us with an attractive and useful pattern. I've also used it on a necklace. Karen in Or

God's Kid said...

Awesome eyeglass cords!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I have one of Patti's lanyards, and it is beautiful! However, I don't use mine for my glasses as I need to wear mine all the time. I use mine as a chatelaine.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

That's a lot of tatting and beads, and a great idea! I'm amazed you've tatted several! I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do even one, but indeed it should help in finding your glasses, and draw attention if others see you tatting while wearing them!