Friday, February 20, 2015

Motif #13

This is another 'sample' edging I did while deciding which one was going to be used for a large project.  This classic tatted 'wheel' is one of my favorites.  I sometimes use large thread (size 10, size 3) and use these wheels as coasters.  Size 3 thread is great for that purpose - it's thick and soaks up the drips that form on the outside of glasses of iced tea in hot weather.  It was late afternoon when we went outside to take a picture - you can probably see the shadows under the lace.  This was tatted with size 40 Lizbeth in "Pink Parade."



- Stephanie

4 comments:

Fox said...

i love this! Immedietely had visions of "things" for my little 6 month old niece... I will have to find some thick thread. I believe Wallmart carries SouthMaid... I coukd use that! Oh dear...so much to tat...plan...dwell upon!

I have always enjoyed that kind of pattern as well. I find them relaxing. : )

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I hadn't thought of using size 3 for coasters. Maybe I'll give it a try!

Jane McLellan said...

So pretty!

God's Kid said...

I'm not much into pink, but this is gorgeous!!!! :)