Saturday, May 16, 2015

Motif #17

I've been doing just a bit more experimenting with tatted, beaded fringe.  This time I tried using size 20 Lizbeth (because I had an almost-full shuttle left after finishing something), size 11 beads, and a nylon thread that is about the equivalent of size 80.

The rings were made with size 20 thread, which was also what I used as the 'core' thread for the chainsl  The fringe was 15 beads long with a 16th bead used as a 'stopper' bead to keep the rest of the beads in place on the 'string.'  I used the thin nylon thread for the 'knotting' thread on the chains (and for the beads). 



Our weather has been mostly cloudy for the last couple days, so the picture is a bit dark.  We had a small amount of sunlight TRYING to get through late this afternoon.  DH noticed there was a little light, and he was kind enough to grab the camera and my tatting to rush outside for a quick picture before the clouds completely covered the sun again.  You can see part of the shadows from my pins.

Happy tatting!
- Stephanie

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm fascinated by your beaded fringe! I can imagine it on a purse, a vest, even a t-shirt. What fun!

muskaan said...

Successful experiment :-)
The difference is clearly visible

God's Kid said...

Looks like it's coming along well!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Interesting!