Monday, June 20, 2016

Starting a 3rd challenge today:  Motifs 1 - 8

I've been test tatting recently for Martha Ess.  She's working on a book of tatted toys, and I was fortunate to be able to tat two patterns from the book.

Both pictures have been manipulated to make them blurry - it's not your eyes playing tricks on you.

This is Martha's toy dump truck.  I tatted 3 of them - in different colors, but I only blurred one of the photographs.  I guess they (the three trucks) are Motifs 1, 2, and 3.



After the truck, I tatted a rubber duckie.  The little duckie is a fairly quick pattern to tat, and great fun.  Isn't he CUTE?  I tatted 5 duckies in all, but they all look the same - yellow duckie, orange bill - the only 'difference' is the thread size, so I only blurred one picture.  The duckies are Motifs 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.


I've been working on the WIOSNA 2016 napkin by Renulek, also, but don't have a picture of it yet.
I'm using Valdani thread - an overdyed raspberry color.  I really like their overdyed colors - the tatted pieces are so pretty.

Happy tatting to you!
-Stephanie

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! A new book from Martha! I love her patterns. I like the way you've blurred the pictures so that we can get an idea of what the pieces look like without giving away the pattern. That's something I would like to learn how to do!

God's Kid said...

Those look fantastic even "blurred"!!! :)